Introduction: Before launching the campaign, the TT will first need to specify the channel through which they'll address the audience, according to a set of criteria. Second, decide on the extent of use of the chosen channel.
Step 1. Defining the Channels: criteria
- Level of knowledge (general knowledge > expert in the field).
- Cost-benefit of channel
- "PR skills" (i.e. presenter)
- Easiness of the answering process
Step 2. Range of scope of channel: criteria
- Wide scope = social media, mass (paper) media, conferences & public events, open-access publications, newsletters
- Narrower scope: Direct (personal) emails\phone calls (i.e. working meetings), social media (e.g. groups, influencers, Twitter DM).