Think tanks can produce many research outputs, but getting to implementation of ideas can sometimes be difficult. The best way is to involve partners in the process, but depending on the context it can be challenging, timeframe, administrative process etc.
We propose developing a plan that includes:
1) Identifying who to engage
2) Defining the roles
3) The timeline
4) How to implement ideas to action
The plan in more detail:
1) Development actors: Public sector, private sector, civil society, media and so on.
2) For each actor you define the role:
- Public sector - mainly the policy maker whose role is to support the project and the implementation
- Private sector - contribute to conception and implementation
- Civil society - to promote the results
- Media - simplify the results to make them accessible to everyone